Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Stuck

My life feels stagnant. Normally, I'm more upset about this, but right now, I'm determined. I will do something with my life, even if I'm not sure what I'll be doing. I will not be another old lady in a diner. I wanted to wait tables to get through college, and that was supposed to be the end of it. I am grateful that my place of employment has worked with me through all the schedule changes and finals and transfers, but I need to move on. I paid $35,000 out of my own pocket to get out of this town, and that's still the plan. I'm ready for a change of scenery. Well, really, I've been ready for years. That's why I moved four hours away to go to college, right? To get away? And moving back home was the most humbling moment of my life, followed closely by the realization that some people will just never love you back. I'm going to get out of here eventually. I will not give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment